Who should take this course?
It happens: People accidentally drop things from docks, off boats or even while scuba diving. If you’ve ever lost something in the water and wanted to go find it, then the PADI Search and Recovery Diver Specialty course is for you. There are effective ways to search for objects underwater that increase your chances of success. And there are good and better methods to bring up small, large or just awkward items. Search and recovery can be challenging, but a whole lot of fun.
PADI (Junior) Advanced Open Water Divers who are at least 12 years old can enroll in the Search and Recover Diver course. PADI (Junior) Open Water Divers with a PADI Underwater Navigator certification also qualify.
What will you learn?
Gathering information and resources, then carefully planning a search are the first important steps you learn. During four scuba dives you’ll practice:
- Swimming search patterns using your compass and natural navigation.
- Locating large and small objects using various search patterns.
- Using a lift bag for large or heavy objects, plus other recovery methods.
- Planning a search operation based on facts gathered about a lost object prior to the dive.
Lecture: 1 session about 3 hours.
Open water training: 4 dives
- PADI Search and Recovery Diver C-Card (upon successful completion)
- PADI Search and Recovery Diver manual is at extra cost (Only English book is available)
Please contact us for details at: 9137 0355 or email@example.com
- Age 12 or above, able to swim and in good health.
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification (or equivalent), or PADI Open Water Diver certification (or equivalent) WITH PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty Diver (or equivalent)
- Physically fit for scuba diving
HK$1,000 + boat charge
Why Diving Express?
Diving Express is a PADI Career Development Center (CDC). This classification is awarded to PADI Five Star Instructor Development Centers that dedicate their businesses to professional development for dive instructors. These dive shops meet the highest requirements for training PADI Professionals and offer career-oriented programs to prepare scuba diving professionals for employment in the dive industry, as well as offer job placement assistance for program graduates.
We have our own training facility such as indoor training pool, diving boats, and classrooms. Our dive center includes travel consultant team, equipment and underwater photography sales team, dive training team. (Our dive training team has 3 Course Directors, several Master Instructors and IDC Staff Instructors, professional Divemasters.)