Who should take this course?
Divemaster Internship Program is strictly for enthusiastic divemaster candidates who are willing to spend every weekend on the diving boat. Besides the requirements listed in the Divemaster course, the candidates will have other extra requirements to fulfill. Not only to gain working experience on the boat before they work as a professional divemaster, but also to get more opportunities to dive at different local dive sites, and watch our inhouse diving instructors how to teach diving courses. Only the selected candidates can join this special program before a new diving season starts.
What will you learn?
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, waterskills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
Lecture: 9 chapters
Confined water training: Unlimited as required by our professional instructor within a year
Open water training: Unlimited as required by our professional instructor within a year
Extra requirements agreed by Diving Express and candidates
- Pool entrance fee and boat fee
- Divemaster Crewpack is at extra cost
- Divemaster application fee (upon successful completion) and thereafter annual membership fee
- Diving equipment rental during the course
Please contact us for details at: 9137 0355 or email@example.com
- Age 18 or above, able to swim and in good health.
- PADI Open Water Diver certification (or equivalent)
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification (or equivalent)
- PADI Rescue Diver certification (or equivalent)
- EFR certification (Primary Care and Secondary Care) or equivalent within 24 months
- At least 40 logged dives to begin the course and 60 dives to earn certification
- Physically fit for scuba diving
- Must be able to work as a boat assistant in every weekend during July, August, and September.
- All candidates must join the Divemsater Internship Orientation night and to be interviewed by our Training Director.
Why Diving Express?
Diving Express is a PADI Career Development Center (CDC). This classification is awarded to PADI Five Star Instructor Development Centers that dedicate their businesses to professional development for dive instructors. These dive shops meet the highest requirements for training PADI Professionals and offer career-oriented programs to prepare scuba diving professionals for employment in the dive industry, as well as offer job placement assistance for program graduates.
We have our own training facility such as indoor training pool, diving boats, and classrooms. Our dive center includes travel consultant team, equipment and underwater photography sales team, dive training team. (Our dive training team has 3 Course Directors, several Master Instructors and IDC Staff Instructors, professional Divemasters.)