Who should take this course?
If you like people, have a passion for scuba diving and want an extraordinary life – become a PADI Instructor. Teaching scuba diving allows you to share your love of the aquatic world with others while doing what you enjoy – being in, around and under water. PADI Open Water Scuba Instructors and PADI Assistant Instructors are the most sought-after dive professionals around the world because they’ve completed the program that sets the standard for training dive professionals. You earn a PADI Instructor rating through hard work and commitment, but you’re rewarded with a job that lets you share incredible underwater adventures with others – transforming their lives for the better and enriching yours.
Are you ready to join the ranks of the dedicated professionals who teach the world’s most progressive and popular scuba diver education programs? Then Go PROSM with an Instructor Development Course.
The Instructor Development Course (IDC) is made up of two parts – the Assistant Instructor (AI) course and the Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) program. Most dive professionals complete the entire IDC and go on to attend an Instructor Examination (IE), which is the final step to earn a PADI Instructor certification.
Successfully completing just the AI course results in a PADI Assistant Instructor qualification. When an AI is ready to progress, attending an OWSI program allows entry into an IE to earn a full PADI Instructor rating.
Dive professionals who hold an instructor rating with another diver training organization may be eligible to enroll directly in the OWSI program. This recognizes prior instructor training and provides a path to become a PADI Instructor.
A PADI Divemaster who has been a certified diver for six months may enroll in the PADI Instructor Development Course. You also need:
- At least 60 logged dives and 100 dives to attend an IE.
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
You also need to be an Emergency First Response Instructor, but you can earn this rating during your instructor training.
What will you learn?
The IDC teaches you to conduct all PADI core courses. You’ll be able to organize and present information, conduct skill development sessions and control open water dives. Basically, you become a better public speaker and get really good at demonstrating skills while watching out for student diver safety. Key topics include:
- PADI Standards and Procedures for courses you can teach with in water workshops
- Learning, Instruction and the PADI System
- Risk Management and Diver Safety
- The Business of Diving and your role as an instructor
- Marketing Diving and Sales Counseling
Lecture: As required by the standard
Confined water training: As required by the standard
Open water training: As required by the standard
- Training fee, Pool entrance fee, and boat fee
- IDC Crewpack is at extra cost
- Instructor Examination fee (pay to PADI directly)
- Open Water Scuba Instructor application fee (upon successful completion) and thereafter annual membership fee
- Diving equipment rental during the course
Please contact us for details at: 9137 0355 or email@example.com
- Age 18 or above, able to swim and in good health
- PADI Open Water Diver certification (or equivalent)
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification (or equivalent)
- PADI Rescue Diver certification (or equivalent)
- PADI Divemaster certification (or equivalent). If not a PADI Divemaster, complete the PADI Divemaster course dive rescue assessment
- EFR Instructor certification or joining the EFR instructor course during IDC. (EFR certification within 24 months for joining EFR instructor course)
- 60 logged dives with documented experience in night diving, deep diving and underwater navigation to join. 100 logged dives to attend an IE.
- Certified diver for six months
- Physically fit for scuba diving
Course fee: HK$12,000.00
Why Diving Express?
Diving Express is a PADI Career Development Center (CDC). This classification is awarded to PADI Five Star Instructor Development Centers that dedicate their businesses to professional development for dive instructors. These dive shops meet the highest requirements for training PADI Professionals and offer career-oriented programs to prepare scuba diving professionals for employment in the dive industry, as well as offer job placement assistance for program graduates.
We have our own training facility such as indoor training pool, diving boats, and classrooms. Our dive center includes travel consultant team, equipment and underwater photography sales team, dive training team. (Our dive training team has 3 Course Directors, several Master Instructors and IDC Staff Instructors, professional Divemasters.) We are a one-stop dive center and we can assist you in anyway which you can think of for scuba diving.